Hummel Day Camp is an outdoor nature-based program that has remained a symbol of summer fun for Omaha's children for over 65 years. Hummel brings back many traditional summer camp activities including archery, nature hikes, wilderness skills, water and mud activities, outdoor cooking, camp songs, but also adds new favorites like Gaga and 9 Square in the Air! They will come home dirty and exhausted but excited to tell you all about the fun they had!
- All campers must have completed 1st - 7th grade by the summer of 2016, no age exceptions.
For those who aren't old enough we have
Itty Bitty Hummel Day Camp
$35 per camper
A week for the little ones to experience camp just like the big kids! A great opportunity to hike the trails make crafts, do water activities, play games, and more!
- Registration is done online or in person at any Community Center. See registration dates below.
- Cost is $95 per camper. Bus transportation is provided from various schools and community centers.
- Cost is $50 per camper for those children that receive free or reduced lunch through their school. Contact Christine for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campers may only attend one week of Hummel Day Camp because of the huge demand to get in.
- Camp hours are Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-4:00pm and Fridays from 1:00-6:30pm. Bus times are BEFORE and AFTER camp hours and are not available until the Thursday before your week of camp. There is no return bus on Friday evenings.
Registration will be online or in person at any Community Center. See the registration schedule below. When online registration opens at 8:00am, it will completely be on a first come, first served basis and will be open to the public. All weeks will remain open until the week is completely full. Campers may register for only one week. How to Register
Letters will be sent out to all Omaha schools by November 20th asking if they would like to be a pick up site. Schools that respond will be assigned a week for a bus pick up and all bus locations, assigned weeks, and registration dates will be posted by January 8th, 2016. Children do no need to attend that school to choose it as their pick up site.
Registration Dates 2016
Week 1 - March 14th FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 2 - March 15th FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 3 - March 16th FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 4 - March 17th FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 5 - March 18th FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 6 - March 21st FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 7 - March 22nd FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 8 - March 23rd FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Week 9 - March 24th FULL - WAIT LIST AVAILABLE
Click on 'Bus Info' below for school's assigned week.