Hummel Day Camp is an outdoor nature-based program that has remained a symbol of summer fun for Omaha's children for over 65 years. Hummel brings back many traditional summer camp activities including archery, nature hikes, wilderness skills, water and mud activities, outdoor cooking, camp songs, but also adds new favorites like Gaga and 9 Square in the Air! They will come home dirty and exhausted but excited to tell you all about the fun they had!
- All campers must have completed 1st - 7th grade by the summer of 2015, no age exceptions.
- Registration is done online or in person at any Community Center. See registration dates below.
- Cost is $95 per camper.
- Cost is $50 per camper for those children that receive free or reduced lunch through their school. Contact Sara for more information at email@example.com
- Bus transportation is provided from various schools and community centers.
- Campers may only attend one week of Hummel Day Camp because of the huge demand to get in.
- Camp hours are Monday-Thursday from 9:00am-4:00pm and Fridays from 1:00-6:30pm. Bus times are BEFORE and AFTER camp hours and are not available until the Thursday before your week of camp. There is no return bus on Friday evenings.
We are improving the registration process for the 2015 summer. See the registration schedule below. When online registration opens at 8:00am, it will completely be on a first come, first served basis and will be open to the public. All weeks will remain open until the week is completely full. You may also register at any Community Center. Campers may register for only one week.
How to register
Week 1 - March 16th Week 6 - March 23rd
Week 2 - March 17th Week 7 - March 24th
Week 3 - March 18th Week 8 - March 25th
Week 4 - March 19th Week 9 - March 26th
Week 5 - March 20th
Letters will be sent out to all Omaha schools by November 10th asking if they would like to be a pick up site. Schools that respond will be assigned a week for a bus pick up and all bus locations and assigned weeks will be posted by January 5th. Children do no need to attend that school to choose it as their pick up site.
*****Click below on BUS INFO to view the the 2015 BUS PICK-UP LOCATIONS and REGISTRATION DATES assigned to each week of camp!*****